NEBA Online Enrollment Process
- NASA civil servants: NEBA enrollment is accomplished on-line.
- Existing NEBA members:
You may adjust your coverage or enroll in voluntary benefits through
- New NEBA enrollees:
Enrollment in NEBA life insurance or voluntary benefits is an online process that begins in the Benefits Section of the NASA HR Portal. Your privacy is very important to us and you must give us permission to release information about you to the NEBA underwriter, MetLife.
- First, access the NASA HR Portal/
Employee tab at the top of the page/ Benefits button in the left side
- View the My NEBA Insurance portlet on the Benefits page. Select the Information Release link at the bottom of the portlet.
- c. Next, follow the instructions. Review and electronically sign the “Information Release” agreement. This will allow NASA to provide selected eligibility information about you to the NEBA underwriter, MetLife. Your release will expire after 90 days if you do not enroll.
- Within 1-7 days, MetLife, will grant you access to their website:
mybenefits.metlife.com. Once you have access, you will be guided through the MetLife online enrollment process. When you register, when asked to enter your employee ID, you need to enter your NASA UUPIC.
Important: Please note that the process of enrolling in NEBA coverage may take a number of weeks depending upon your requested coverage, responses, and the MetLife underwriting process.
- NASA military detailees: Contact the MetLife Help desk at 866-492-6983, identify yourself as a NASA military detailee, request a NEBA application package, and submit the documentation as directed.